Thread: not sure what exactly these are?

not sure what exactly these are?

i saw this posting while browsing ebay tuba, euphs and baritones...not sure anything about them...anyone know? all the post said was

Up for auction are 3 Baritone from CCCP 1940's time all work pretty good and look good.

not sure what exactly they are or any history on them at all...just curious.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tuba1.jpg  
    Keera Allen
    Senior, Central Michigan University
    Music Education: Euphonium, specializing in baritone
    Willson 2950TA Euphonium
    Yamaha YBH 621 Baritone
    Nirschl I-400SP Baritone

2. not sure what exactly these are?

The one on the right looks like a miraphone/ cervany rotary euph. not sure about the tubas other than that they are tubas.

I know only a little, based on a performance tour to the Soviet Union in 1989. First, "CCCP" means "USSR." Many products manufactured there were copies of designs from other countries, sometimes produced under license from the original maker. The most common cars I saw, for example, were copies of an old Fiat design.

I didn't get the impression that quality was very high. The sound might be quite good, and the intonation might be quite bad on these horns, based on some that I saw being used in the Leningrad Military District Band (now "St. Petersburg"). If I were to consider buying a horn like this it would be as a novelty. For a full-time horn, I'd look elsewhere.

But someone else may have a better perspective. My knowledge is not in-depth!

Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

wow! thanks that is really interesting to know! I dont want to buy them, i just thought they were very different from what i was used to seeing! =]

Keera Allen
    Senior, Central Michigan University
    Music Education: Euphonium, specializing in baritone
    Willson 2950TA Euphonium
    Yamaha YBH 621 Baritone
    Nirschl I-400SP Baritone