Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gig bag

Gig bag

I need a new gig bag and can't decide between the Cronkhite, Soundware or Gard mid-suspension. I play a Prestige 2052. comments and suggestions are most welcome to help in my decision.

Gig bag

I actually own a Besson Prestige 2052 and own the Soundwear Professional gig bag. The bag fits my horn really snug and doesnt move around in the gig bag. I actually have dropped the bag from my locker which is around 4 feet above the ground and it protected the horn! The bag comes with a lot of storage and can hold a extra large folder. The soundwear is also cheaper then marcus bonna cases. The soundwear bag also has an exterior plastic shell then foam in the inside. The straps are very sturdy and comfortable! Hope this helps!

Gig bag

how long have you owned that soundware? is it more durable,longer lasting, and practical than a Cronkhite?

York Eminence 4052
    Denis Wick SM4X

Gig bag

I've owned the soundwear for about a year now. I have had no issues with the zippers,pockets, cushions, or plastic shell. The only problem I have had is the straps. The straps are beginning to fray because it gets into the contact of the velcro straps. But that isn't that big of a deal. However, my friend owns a Cronkhite and has horrible tarnish problems. She owns a Willson 2950 and has to clean the horn regulary. The Soundwear is a tad bit heavier then the Cronkhite and bigger. It just depends what you need the gig bag for. If you are traveling on airplanes I heard cronkhite is the way to go for instance.

Hope this helps!

5. Gig bag

I have had my Hirsbrunner in a Cronkhite case for 10 years. That horn has been a lot of places, and has had car trunks slammed on it, been piled along with 20 other instruments in the back of a bus, and slung around onto tabletops, tripped over back stage, and it still looks close to new. The Cronkhite case has done its job. There are only a couple of small dents, 1/8-1/4 in size, that were acquired while the horn was in the bag. I'm happy enough with it, that I have Cronkhite cases for my F & EEb tubas as well.

San Jose Wind Symphony (on leave 2020)
    San Francisco Brass Band
    Mission Peak Brass Band
    -------------------------------
    Adams E1 Custom .5mm
    Hirsbrunner Exclusiv 479
    Besson 2056-2, 955, 982, Imperial Euphonium & Prototype BBb helicon

Gig bag

I recently purchased the Gard bag with mid-suspension movable pads and it works very well with my 2052. I wish I had something like this while travelling as an Army eupher for twenty years. Wheels are great for mobility, strategically placed handles to lift into and out of vehicles, huge outside expandable pocket for music folders, accessories, etc., and shoulder straps to carry like a backpack if necessary all make it very versatile. As far as securely protecting the instrument, the horn rests on an internal re-sizing and movable cone, and is effectively held in mid-air by movable pads. It was actually designed around Besson euphoniums according to their literature. I actually got it for about $155 plus tax from Guitar Center. Go figure...

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gard-Eup...ource=4TEM8XOC

<!-- Admin Only Rows --><!-- End Admin Only Rows -->
    Thanks.
    Best Regards,
    Don Brown
    -------------------------
    Besson BE2052S Prestige, SM3X
    Adams E1 0.60 SS Bell, SM3X
    Hirsbrunner HBS 479 black nickel plated, SM3X
    Bach Stradivarius 42B0 F Attachment 'bone, SM4AL
    Yamaa YBL613 F/Gb Bass 'bone, DW HT1AL
    Besson 10-10 F Attachment 'bone (1968), SM4AL
    Conn 50H Director F Attachment Tenor 'bone (1970), SM4BS
    Blue pBone just for fun!
    Indian bugle
    Shofar

7. Gig bag

Christopher Chen
    bolded are for sale
    B&H 967 - Globe Stamp
    B&H 960 (3 valve comp euph) - Globe Stamp
    Salvation Army Triumphonic Eb Alto, silver plated

On the lookout for:
    Silver plated:
    pre '93, post '06 Sovereign Alto/Tenor Horn
    pre '93, post '06 Sovereign Baritone (3 valve)

York/Sterling/LMI variants accepted

Gig bag

Hi ExArmyEupher (Donald?),

Interesting. I see there's no image in that link you shared, but does it look like this?:

If not, let me know and I'll delete the images.

Thanks.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

Gig bag

Yup, that's the picture. They have never gotten their "picture coming soon" act together, but it was the best price I found. Thanks for providing the pics!

Thanks.
    Best Regards,
    Don Brown
    Blue pBone just for fun!
    Indian bugle
    Shofar

Gig bag

with BIPS like Performer but with 1/4" laminated hard shell plus 1 3/4" inside padding

Thanks.
    Best Regards,
    Don Brown
    Blue pBone just for fun!