Thread: Auditioning for UNT

Auditioning for UNT

So i live in Oregon and was planning on auditioning for Portland State university and Central Washington University (for money). However, today i had a lesson with Fred Sautter (former principal trumpet of the Oregon Symphony), and he told me I need to audition for Dr. Bowman's studio, because I want to study performance. I don't know if anyone else has auditioned there, but I was wondering if anyone had any advice what to expect. and by the way, I'm playing the carnival of venice for the audition, the first arban characteristic study, and i know all my major scales (2 octaves). Any advice would be great! thanks!

Auditioning for UNT

The first piece of advice would be to check whether or not Carnival is on UNT's list of approved solos for undergrad performance majors. The last time I checked, the list was: Guilmant - Morceau Symphonique; Barat - Andante et Allegro; Capuzzi/Catelinet - Andante and Rondo; Bellstedt - Napoli Variations; Pryor - Blue Bells of Scotland.

Auditioning for UNT

haha, sorry, didn't tell the whole story. I E-mailed Brian Bowman to ask if it was okay, at it is. But he asked for a melodic etude (I think i'm using Rochut #4) and the first characteristic study. other than that i'm good!