Thread: Vento euphonium

1. Vento euphonium

May I ask is Vento 900SG 4 valve compensating is just another horn made in China?

2. Vento euphonium

Yes, indeed it is. It looks like a higher quality instrument than some of the others out there, but there aren't many reviews out as of yet.

These horns are usually bough from a company in china which assigns it whatever name you want.
    Here is the Alibaba link(where you could buy them from the retailer) (This horn is branded as "Wisemann") :
    http://www.alibaba.com/product...U_950SG_EUPHONIUM.html

3. Vento euphonium

Well,I 'm not going to spend 2k for that.But in youtube their saxophone sounds great .Also their flute is recommended by American flute teachers.

4. Vento euphonium

Originally posted by: rolling

Well,I 'm not going to spend 2k for that.But in youtube their saxophone sounds great .Also their flute is recommended by American flute teachers.
    Is it recommended by American flute teachers or do they say "recommended by American flute teachers."

2 important reasons.
    1. Every thing from China comes with this cliché. It's most likely not true or
    2. I've met far too many teachers who don't even know what a euphonium is and I would not trust it as I could find 2 (to get "teachers" not "teacher") who'd recommend anything.

Ask a technician, a real technician that has worked on them. Even the technician from their store, if there's a hesitation... don't get it or ask in comparison to other instruments. "How does this compare to a Besson or Yamaha?" A tech may try to sugar-coat it but they won't flat out boldfaced lie to you about it. If you ask them to compare them you'll probably get an honest answer because even though they want your business, we don't want your return regular business on something that's a piece of junk.