Thread: Euphonium Rental Recommendations

Euphonium Rental Recommendations

I was thinking about renting to own a new euphonium and was wondering what kind i should get. I'm looking for a reliable, compensating euphonium thats reasonably priced for its quality in sound.

Euphonium

Look at the Yamaha or Schiller brands. I like the Yam 321. It's well built, reasonably priced, and has a great sound.

Euphs:
    Miraphone 5050 Ambassador
    Wessex Travel (Tornister) Euphonium 'Maly' ER154
    Yamaha 201 Baritone
    Mp: Wick SM4 Ultra X
    Groups:
    The San Diego Concert Band

3. Euphonium

For renting to own, I don't know if you're going to have many options for a compensating horn. Aside from the Schiller, they are expensive.

For financing, you could easily do it but you'd be looking at a fair amount of down payment for a store to order you one in.

What's your budget?

Euphonium

If money is a bit of an issue, an used Besson made no later then 1974 may hold you. There always seems to be some on sale somewhere. I haven't read too many reviews for it but the JP Sterling euphonium sounds promising esp. for the price of it. http://www.dwerden.com/talk/fo...did=3861&enterthread=y

Euphonium

About how much money would i have to put for on a down payment for a decent compensating horn? And my budget, I'm not to possitive on that one, i'm going to have to talk to my parents about that.

6. Euphonium

A European one new would start run about 4500. 30% downpayment would be 1350.

Euphonium

Check the Besson 3 valve compensator. that is for sale in the For Sale section for only 600. bucks. It as a great sound. i should know i play a Swiss horn.