X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bachnerr
    • May 2011

New Euphonium/Tuba videos by Heavy Tuba Experience

Here some new videos which we recently recorded with Heavy Tuba Experience. Find them on the official YouTube channel of Heavy Tuba:

http://www.youtube.com/user/heavyheimo

Robert Bachner

• JBrassLee
    • Jan 2011

Thanks for sharing, that was awesome. Nice, tight group. I love how the euphonium is used there. Its new!

Robert, what kind of mouthpiece are you using on your euph?

Lee

Comment

• bachnerr
      • May 2011

Originally posted by: JBrassLee Thanks for sharing, that was awesome. Nice, tight group. I love how the euphonium is used there. Its new!

Robert, what kind of mouthpiece are you using on your euph?

Lee

Thanks for the nice feedback :-) I think the euphonium sounds really great when playing funky stuff - and it also sound nice in a more free-jazz setting.

If you liked this one maybe also check out (ie. in iTunes) our "Zarathustra's Reincarnation" version from our 2nd CD "Sagenhaft," an epic 15 minutes Classic/Jazz/Funk/Rock arrangement by Helmar Hill featuring me on Euphonium, Jon Sass on Tuba and Kurt Erlmoser on heavy guitar.

Heavy Tuba "Sagenhaft" iTunes Link...

The Mouthpiece is a standard Bach 6 1/2 AL (... copy called "Gewa Cup) with a big shaft. I also use the 6 1/2 on all my trombones, so I am quite used to it :-)

Robert

Comment

• JoshuaDamore
        • Feb 2011

Your group is sick man! A great tight and musical group to listen too. Really enjoy it

Comment

• bachnerr
          • May 2011

Originally posted by: JoshuaDamore Your group is sick man! A great tight and musical group to listen too. Really enjoy it
          Thanks man, I am glad you like it :-) Btw, one thing I would like to clarify here: HTE it is not "my" band. "Heavy Tuba" (and the smaller ripp-off "Heavy Tuba Experience") is lead/organized and conducted by my dear friend Heimo Schmid. The smaller band needs no contacting though, so therefore I am sometimes thought to be the leader. I just wrote some of the music.

Read more about the world of Heavy Tuba here:

Heavy Tuba website...

Comment

Working...
          X