Thread: Rosehill Catelinet Euphonium

Rosehill Catelinet Euphonium

Moving Charlie's topic here for its own thread.

Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

JP-Sterling Announced

Hi Dave,

Just to let you know what's happening in this part of the UK.

Myself and a couple of other players have been working with Rosehill Instruments Ltd. on 2 new Euphoniums for their 'Catelinet' line. Both 4v comps of course, one similar to the old 967 Sovereign with a medium size/weight bell, the other, I tested today, with the heavy brass larger bell & trigger system, both made by Cerveny and will probably priced between 3500 & 3950 GBP.

Whilst remaining loyal to Willson of course (lol) they are also experimenting with the 2960 model, prototypes are coming over with a different shaped leadpipe and different bell taper.

CB

JP-Sterling Announced

I just looked at the Rosehill UK website and it says that the Catelinet horns are their student models. You said your Rosehill Catelinet made by Cerveny(or Amati DENAK, CZECH Rep.) euphonium would sell for around 3500-3950 GBP or (5,641 to 6,367 USD).

If your comp euph will be made by Cerveny, would it not be better to spend about $3,799 USD on a Cerveny VFC-EP6566 Emporer Series Comp Euph from music123.com. Or even $4,179 for the upgraded Cerveny VFC-EP7566 Emporer Premium Series comp euph?

http://www.music123.com/Brass-Instru...e7IEC.category

Lee

Rosehill Catelinet Euphonium

Hi Lee,

Catelinet is a medium student range, but Euphoniums are not listed on the website.

These are pro models and each one is hand made, they are not stock items. They differ in many ways to the Ceverny catalogue instruments.

We have changed leadpipes/bells/valve blocks/hand grip positions/stays & trigger systems to our own specifications.

Chas