Thread: Seeking short, witty and charming piece to show off my double-bell euphonium

Seeking short, witty and charming piece to show off my double-bell euphonium

Let's say, hypothetically, I was giving a half-hour concert on my double-bell euphonium on April 13 at 12 noon. Ok, that's not so hypothetical. Anyway, most of my pieces use only the big bell; I think a little bit of the double bell goes a long way - in fact, only Mozart's Allelulia from Exsultate Jubilate really lends itself.But I'll want to chat a little bit about the history of the instrument and demonstrate the bells. Any suggestions for short tunes or themes that might show it off, a little more complex than Twinkle Twinkle, but less than Dave's version of Carnival of Venice?Stuart KernSilver Spring, MD

Zeke and Zebedee by Neal Corwell could be a fun option. It's a ditty, so there is a narrator part. Zeek and Zebedee are brothers (as I recall) with differing personalities. One personality could be one bell and the other for the other bell.

How did it go???
    Groups
    Valley City Community Band
    Valley City State University Concert Band
    2024 North Dakota Intercollegiate Band (you're never too old!)

Larry Herzog Jr.

All things EUPHONIUM! Guilded server