Thread: king cleveland bellfront baritone

1. king cleveland bellfront baritone

Hi, this is my second post and I must say this is a great sight; i'm glad I came across it. I recently purchased a used 3-valve king cleveland baritone horn from ebay and wanted to know more about it, especially the bore. The serial number is 259898. Wish i knew how to attach a file. Under the questions bar on the ebay descriptions site was a link to "King Cleveland Baritone" information that stated the bore as being .570. The link also had a trumpet for the detail picture. I'm very hesitant to believe that page. I was wondering if anyone knew more about this horn like when it was made and what the bore size is? I know the king bellfronts have .562 bores, so is this horn similar. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Best regards,

Ivan

2. king cleveland bellfront baritone

It should be the same as the current production King baritones.

king cleveland bellfront baritone

A photo would help. Lacking that, the serial number you sent would indicate a horn made in 1941/2. That means it's probably the .560 (or .562) bore.

While in the Coast Guard Band we used King Clevelands for marching. They had less trim than the more expensive models and were lighter to carry. The metal may have been lighter, too, but I could not tell for sure. They played nicely for what they were.

Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Here is a Cleveland similar to the one I used, but mine had an upright bell:

http://www.musclecars.net/parts/King...644208388.html

Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)

5. king cleveland bellfront baritone

Ok, thanks so much. Mine looks exactly like the one you showed in the picture. So I will liken it to the current kings.

Originally posted by: ivanhoustonSo I will liken it to the current kings.
    I don't know if that is true or not. The one I played was made before all the American brands merged or whatever. We got those horns in the late 1970's if I recall correctly. The current models may or may not be the same, because I assume they are made overseas.

Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)

7. king cleveland bellfront baritone

I think King is still made in the USA unless something has changed within the last 2 or so years.

Holton's in Brazil but I think the rest is still USA made.