Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: York Euphs

York Euphs

I'm in the market to buy a horn, and I have heard all of these great things about the York euphoniums. I just don't know anything about how to go about getting one.

Who sells them?

2. York Euphs

York was started when Besson last moved and was essentially continuing to make the previous generation of Besson horns.
    York (as well as Schreiber and Keilwerth) got bought out by Buffet Crampon Group which owns Besson.
    Buffet does not want to be competing with themselves with designs that they used to make themselves. (Confusing... I know). So they Shut down Besson. Keilwerth and Schreiber are not competing as the only Keiwerth will continue making pro saxes, Schreiber will continue making Bassoons (as well as the Buffet B10 and B12 clarinets).
    Buffet was clearing them out on ebay from their offices in Jacksonville FL.

They're gone.

Some stores may have old stock. Parts are already hard to get for them.

York Euphs

What happened with the Adams??
    2015 Besson Prestige 2052 - Denis Wick SM3U
    1990 Besson 982 - Bach 24AW
    1992 Bach 42B - Denis Wick 4BL

York Euphs

Well, it was a great horn, the mechanics on it were amazing, and I thought that it was just genuinely well made. One of the charictaristics of my playing is just that I can play big, I can pump out a lot of sound. The Adams Sterling Silver simply couldnt handle it the way a Besson or one of the hevier horns can. It was just too light for me. I played it for about a month and sent it back.

York Euphs

If big sound is what you are looking for, as well as Besson you could try a Miraphone 5050 or one of the Sterlings.

6. York Euphs

If you're interested in a York Eminence (used, but plays great), email me. caeupho81@aol.com

Christian

York Euphs

...or, there's also this...

Used York EU4052 Euphonium in great condition
    Mike Warner
    Puget Brass
    York Preference Baritone 3055
    York Eminence Euphonium 4052

8. York Euphs

That seems a bit high in price though.
    If you drive it off the lot...

York Euphs

Originally posted by: prototypedenNIS

That seems a bit high in price though.

If you drive it off the lot...
    I agree, sounds high for a used horn. Plus, says shown not in original case but comes with original case. Strange to me. I think the seller is fishing to see if there's any interest as it's a 'starting bid' not buy it now price.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

York Euphs

Originally posted by: RickF
    Originally posted by: prototypedenNIS That seems a bit high in price though. If you drive it off the lot...
    I agree, sounds high for a used horn. Plus, says shown not in original case but comes with original case. Strange to me. I think the seller is fishing to see if there's any interest as it's a 'starting bid' not buy it now price.
    True, especially with the lack of pictures and not being able to give it a good play test. However, if one REALLY wanted a York, and can't find one locally, this is the only York euphonium I've seen on ebay in the last year (aside from the blowout the US facility in Jacksonville had several months ago where 3-4 Preference euphs were sold). It's an option. It's also been posted about 4 times with no sale...

Mike Warner
    Puget Brass
    York Preference Baritone 3055
    York Eminence Euphonium 4052

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast