Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: USABTEC

USABTEC

I'll also be there....can't wait to see some old friends and make some new ones!

2. USABTEC

I made my reservations. I will be driving down on Wednesday, the 26th and leaving on Sunday the 29th. Look forward to seeing y'all. I'm staying at the Virginian Suites.

Doug
    Adams E3 0.60 Sterling bell - Prototype top sprung valves
    Concord Band
    Winchendon Winds
    Townsend Military Band

3. USABTEC

Originally posted by: bbocaner

Seeing as it's less than 20 miles from home, I always go. You want to grab a bite, Doug? My absolute favorite Mexican or hamburger restaurants are just a few minutes from the base.
    Mexican...my favorite! You got it!

Concord Band
    Winchendon Winds
    Townsend Military Band

USABTEC

Check out my music at the Cimarron exhibit. The new tuba duet book, tuba etude books, and the brand new euphonium etude book will be there.

Ken Friedrich

USABTEC

For anyone wishing to listen or watch some of the TUSABTEC conference, follow the links from this page:

The United States Army Band Tuba-Euphonium Conference
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

6. USABTEC

So far a delightful conference. I've met many old friends and a few new ones. Tried all of the euphoniums in the "elephant room" today.

Dave Werden...are you here? I was looking for you but didn't see ya...

Jamie Lipton's performance tonite of the Jan Bach Concert Variations was spectacular. Also, check out Dominion Brass. They are great.

Doug
    Concord Band
    Winchendon Winds
    Townsend Military Band

USABTEC

Originally posted by: darubyDave Werden...are you here? I was looking for you but didn't see ya...
    No, I wish I could be! There is too much going on back here right now. Maybe next year (before I forget how to find my way around).

Jamie Lipton's performance tonite of the Jan Bach Concert Variations was spectacular.
    The things I've heard Jamie Lipton play were very impressive! It's good you got to hear her live - that's way better than trying to hear someone on YouTube. Besides, that's how euphoniums should be heard. Euphonium sound is hard, if not impossible, to really capture on a recording.

Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

USABTEC

I watched and listened to most of the program last night via the Internet. The sound wasn't perfect, but Jamie did and awesome job! All of the other soloists were great too.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

9. USABTEC

Today's performances were spectacular. While I didn't go to everything (I had to practice in my hotel room till around 11:15A), I did go to the 11:30 performance of the Interservice Euphonium Choir. VERY GOOD.

Soto Voce at 2:30P was stunning. WOW! Demondrae's high sweet sound is amazing and the ensemble played some very moving music.

The evening final concert had 4 soloists. All were great and did a terrific job. Matt Van Emerrick performed a huge number (Under Capricorn Skies, I think it was called). He had a huge sound. We had no problem hearing him over the band.

On balance, this week was easily the most motivating euphonium/tuba performance I have ever experienced. And hanging with all of the artists after at the Legion Hall reception wasn't bad either!

So John, Felix, Dave, and Rick....you all haveto come next year.

Doug
    Concord Band
    Winchendon Winds
    Townsend Military Band

USABTEC

Great seeing you again, Doug! I'm still recovering from that burrito...

Interservice Euphonium choir was a real highlight! Great program! It's nice to hear all the euphoniums without any tubas. Even at that high level with the AFTEE, there are a lot of chipped notes when you put a bunch of tubas in a tuba/euph choir, so it really adds a lot when you just get rid of the tubas alltogether!

I missed Sotto Voce -- had to take my little girl home!

No revalations for me in the exhibit hall -- nothing new, really, and didn't really change any of my opinions.

--
    Barry

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast