X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rod1
    • Feb 2006

March FroT

One of our (Blue Mountains Brass: Tuba Quartet) first pieces, was this delightful march written for Euphonium/Tuba quartet, by Simon Kerwin. Commissioned especially for the group Tubalate, this excellent quartet was dedicated to the 'Friends of Tubalate'. We still perform it every now and again and periodically pull it out for rehearsal. The wonderful interplay between the two Euphoniums and the range and drive of the two Tubas, make this a very special, powerful march. In short, we just like playing it. I am interested to hear how others find this piece! Interestingly, the very first piece we ever played together as a group, in 2003, was another march, El Abanico by Javaloyes, arr. David Fretwell. This is a simple and easy march which brought back memories, for myself, of playing it in the local brass band some 50 years ago. The band had stopped to play the march while collectors shook the collection box's. At this time a youth had been using a pogo stick in front of the band. The rapidly ensuing collapse of the whole band remains clear in my memories! sorry to ramble!
    Rod
Working...
X