Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hirsbrunner

1. Hirsbrunner

So I was going to Custom Music's website the other day and realized that their new site is Custom Music INternational. I'm probably a little late on this but what happened to Hirsbrunner? I read something online that they're company went through some troubles towards the end of 09' but I'm not sure of the details.

Hirsbrunner

Peter Hirsbrunner, Sr. passed away in early Dec. 2009.

Subsequent to Herr Hirsbrunner's passing, the company's assets were purchased, lock, stock, and barrel, by Adams.

My understanding is that, under the terms of the purchase agreement, Peter Jr. is building instruments to fill orders placed prior to the sale with parts sourced from Adams. I've heard conflicting reports concerning his involvement with the Hirsbrunner brand and Adams beyond that.

3. Hirsbrunner

Too bad, the Stealth was a hot piece of sexy euph.

Hirsbrunner

Originally posted by: prototypedenNIS Too bad, the Stealth was a hot piece of sexy euph.
    There's one for sale on eBay right now.

David Smith

5. Hirsbrunner

Hmmm. The seller seems to have misspelled 'Hirsbrunner'

6. Hirsbrunner

My professor wants me to be playing the school's Hirsbrunner. I will be getting used to the horn over the summer, but the Hirsbrunner feels a lot bigger than the Willson 2900 I was playing before. Whats an effective way of learning how to fill up the Hirsbrunner?

Hirsbrunner

Originally posted by: euphos456 My professor wants me to be playing the school's Hirsbrunner. I will be getting used to the horn over the summer, but the Hirsbrunner feels a lot bigger than the Willson 2900 I was playing before. Whats an effective way of learning how to fill up the Hirsbrunner?
    The actual bore specification is very similar between the two horns, but Hirsbrunners can have a bigger sound (especially with the large bell). Because it's capable of a big sound, you "feel" the headroom as you play it.

Do you have a way/place to practice outside? That could do wonders for your ability to fill the horn. You don't get the feedback of your sound bouncing off the walls, so your body and mind automatically try to make up for it by playing a little fuller.

Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

8. Hirsbrunner

I can play outside! I can take with me when I go to my family's cabin near Eagle Nest, New Mexico. I don't know how keen my family or the neighbors will be on it though. I guess I will have to go up and practice in a meadow a couple of miles away from my cabin. Thanks for the help.

Hirsbrunner

Question: presuming the 2900 you played had a euro shank, are you using the screw-in euro shank adapter with the HB, or have you switched to a large shank mpc?

10. Hirsbrunner

Thats a good question. I have a BB1 for the euro shank, and I also own a 51D for the large shank. I like the BB1 more, but isn't the HB better adapted for the large shank? What would you do in this situation?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast