Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adams

Adams

Well, I tried out the Adams euphs at the Midwest Music Clinic and I loved it. So I ordered it from Tuba Exchange. I am a Student in Kansas City, so they are shipping it. I should get it in the next couple of days. When I spoke to them on the phone, they said that it came with a Marcus Bonna case. I'll definately keep you all updated on it when I get it.

I'm so EXCITED!!!

Adams

I just got my Adams Sterling Silver Euphonium in the mail today. I have played around on it for awhile. So far I am VERY IMPRESSED.

Every register of the horn comes out really well. The low notes come out with great ease, compared to the W. Nirschl I-800 that I am used to. The tone is nice and full, but still has a nice ring to it.

The valves work extremely well, I would say just as well as the Willsons and Bessons that I have tried. The valve caps also have a shape that I am not used to, but they are still great. The caps are quite a bit bigger in diameter than I am used to, just smaller than a quarter.

The horn is somewhat lighter than I expected, but I dont think it is having much of an effect on the timbre of the horn.

The horn comes with a leadpipe adjuster, which I still havn't really figured out yet. I guess it will just take some time to learn how to use it properly.

The only intonation problem that I have found with it, is that the D above the staff is a little low, but even notes like F above the staff play in tune. As far as I know, this thing has almost no intonation problems.

It came in a Brazillian MB case, and strangly with an unmarked mouthpiece that doesn't even fit the leadpipe. I think that must just be some sort of error on Tuba Exchange's part.

This thing seems to me like a real keeper, I think that in time, people will recognize this horn to be on the same level as the Willson and Besson.

Questions?

3. Adams

Congratulations on your new horn!

Originally posted by: YOOF I just got my Adams Sterling Silver Euphonium in the mail today. I have played around on it for awhile. So far I am VERY IMPRESSED.

Every register of the horn comes out really well. The low notes come out with great ease, compared to the W. Nirschl I-800 that I am used to. The tone is nice and full, but still has a nice ring to it.

The valves work extremely well, I would say just as well as the Willsons and Bessons that I have tried. The valve caps also have a shape that I am not used to, but they are still great. The caps are quite a bit bigger in diameter than I am used to, just smaller than a quarter.

The horn is somewhat lighter than I expected, but I dont think it is having much of an effect on the timbre of the horn.

The horn comes with a leadpipe adjuster, which I still havn't really figured out yet. I guess it will just take some time to learn how to use it properly.

The only intonation problem that I have found with it, is that the D above the staff is a little low, but even notes like F above the staff play in tune. As far as I know, this thing has almost no intonation problems.

It came in a Brazillian MB case, and strangly with an unmarked mouthpiece that doesn't even fit the leadpipe. I think that must just be some sort of error on Tuba Exchange's part.

This thing seems to me like a real keeper, I think that in time, people will recognize this horn to be on the same level as the Willson and Besson.

Questions?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12