Thread: Stolen Sterling Virtuoso Euphonium, Columbia, SC

Stolen Sterling Virtuoso Euphonium, Columbia, SC

From the TubeNet forum:

One of the guys in our studio had his car broken into earlier today, and his professional model Sterling euphonium (4v compensating) that he purchased from CMC this summer was stolen. I believe it was in a gigbag, it's silver, with the gold slides and such. I don't have the serial number on hand, but I can put you in contact with him. PM me.

He's already notified the police, and has spent hours checking the pawn shops, but no luck so far. The horn was insured, but we all hope he will have it back very soon.

Please be on the lookout for it.

Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

2. Stolen Sterling Virtuoso Euphonium, Columbia, SC

It seems all too coincidental to have a Sterling listed for sale on craigslist in Columbia SC at a low price in the same time frame. But this is listed as a Sterling Virtuoso and it includes acessories, so it is probably not the one. Listing is shown below:

Euphonium, Sterling Virtuoso - $1500 (Columbia, SC)Date: 2010-02-09, 3:42PM EST
    Reply to: sale-ehcyt-1593477682@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Euphonium, Reunion Blues Case, Korg orchestral tuner, mute, metronome, all included in the package. Price is firm. Mint condition.

Call 803 917-0479<!-- START CLTAGS -->

<!-- CLTAG GeographicArea=Columbia, SC -->Location: Columbia, SC it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests<!-- END CLTAGS --> PostingID: 1593477682

Thanks fitchjordan,

I contacted the original poster on TubeNet via PM about that Craig's list ad. Seems too cheap to me to be legit.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

The horn's been recovered.