Thread: Marching Baritone/Euph

Marching Baritone/Euph

I started going back to my University Alumni Band gatherings after being out of college and not playiing for 35+ years. We do the whole gig, homecoming parade and our own halftime show separate from the undergrad band. We had 280 in the block this year. I bought an old Reynolds Baritone and I can't see the music on my marching lyre (which I modified to be all the way out to the bell). I've read the other posts about getting special glasses, and that's and option, but would a marching baritone get the music out further and let my regular progressive lenses work?

2. Marching Baritone/Euph

I don't think so. If you read out of the bottom part of the glasses (like I do) is is next to impossible to read from a lyre at any position. I use reading glasses when I march or play with the lyre, taking them off when I need to see where I'm going. I'm too cheap to buy backwards progressives!

3. Marching Baritone/Euph

Honestly, the best setup I had for a lyre while in marching bands was a flute lyre (on the left wrist). Might work on your right wrist.