Thread: Sterling Virtuoso for Sale

Sterling Virtuoso for Sale

Just saw this on Dillon's website (Dillon's in located in NJ).

This one does not have the trigger. I also noticed that there is no brace from the top bow to the bell... or it's very low and hiding behind the leadpipe.

Sterling Virtuoso Model 4 for sale

Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

The brace is just above the leadpipe.

Dillon is selling the horn on consignment for Sam Funkhouser. Sam was solo euph for the James Madison Univ. Brass Band.

Additional information, a link to additional photos, and Sam's contact info can be found here.

3. Sterling Virtuoso for Sale

Thanks for posting my information, Felix! I don't visit the forum very often, so I'm glad that you directed readers to my original ad.

If anyone is looking for a euphonium, this one plays great, is in great shape, and is at (I think) a great price.

Sam F.

Originally posted by: Funkhoss
    ...this*one plays great, is in great shape, and*is at (I think) a great price.

Sam F.
    Only 4 years old and almost half price? I'm trying to figure out how I could possibly fit this into my budget.. Hmm....

Good luck with the sale.... it'll make someone very happy I'm sure.

5. Sterling Virtuoso for Sale

Just to add a comment: I was testing horns this summer and, in June, visited Sam at JMU and played this horn. It's a fine instrument -- it plays and responds well, and Sam maintained it in very good condition.

6. Sterling Virtuoso for Sale

Thanks for putting in a good word, Monty!

Now someone just needs to buy it. My wife could really use a tenor horn, but the funds are short right now...

Sam F.

7. Sterling Virtuoso for Sale

I just wanted to note that this instrument is no longer on consignment at Dillons; if anyone is interested, please contact me directly: funkhoss@gmail.com.

Also, the price has been reduced to $3900.

Thanks,

Sam Funkhouser