Of all the marches I played during my years as a military euphoniumist, I honestly do not remember ever coming upon this piece (at all)! The subtitle written under Panella's name is "America" (possibly touting Panella's own national affiliation?), and the march is somewhat of a patriotic medley which includes, "Three Cheers for the Red, White and Blue", and "America the Beautful" (as well as the introduction piece featuring, "America"). Basically, written in three sections, numbered 1-3. The first two parts are written in F, and the last is in B Flat.

The euphonium part is truly busy - full of counter-melody opportunities - they ebb and flow throughout the work, plus there are plenty of other nice sections which feature other brass parts to be lightly "punched" for a cheerful, moving march effect.

If you don't know this, I encourage you to discover it -- it is a lot of fun to play and the euphonium players are not to be disappointed! Our Community band played it this summer, albeit only in 2-3 performances.

Published by "Frank A. Panella, Pittsburgh 5, Pa." Panella lived from 1878 - 1953; he was born in Pittsburgh.