Thread: A Little Prayer

1. A Little Prayer

I don't know who the composer is but it was written for David Childs. I've been trying to find a score but I've had no luck so far. Anyone know if its a available?

A Little Prayer

A Little Prayer was written by Evelyn Glennie, along with Giles and Light in Darkness, for her composition, "Three Chorales for Solo Marimba."

The euphonium solo with brass band arrangment is by Robert Childs, and is published by Winwood Music. The price is around $40.

[Edit: Three Chorales for Solo Marimba is published by Faber, and costs around $10. It's a fairly straightforward piece to arrange for solo euph and piano (although, strictly speaking, you would need to obtain permission to make the arrangement.]

[Followup: from www.brassband.co.uk:

Composer Evelyn Glennie writes, "When I wrote the chorale for marimba, A Little Prayer, it expressed my spiritual feelings and displayed a pleasantly relaxed dimension of the instrument. Over the years my exposure to brass bands has filled me with wonder; their musical diversity is considerable. From performing a simple melody to the most complex of test-pieces, they bring brilliance to the music. I had no hesitation in giving A Little Prayer to Robert Childs to bring this little melody to life through brass.? A perfect reflective interlude for concert or devotional use by bands of all abilities. This is the only version of this arrangement available for sale to the public." [emphasis mine]

A Little Prayer

I was looking for this solo with piano accompaniment last year. I asked Doug Ruby if he would please ask David or Robert Childs when he was in England if this piece was available with piano accompaniment. When Doug got back to the USA, he said...

"I asked David Childs about "A Little Prayer". It is not yet available with piano accompianment, just full brass band. However, he expects that the version with piano will be available by end of the year from Faber Music."
    The score is available at Faber for £2.50 (British pounds).

Link

That score is in the key of 'C', where David is playing it up 1/2 step in Db concert.

Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)