Thread: Allen Vizzutti is coming to Memphis

1. Allen Vizzutti is coming to Memphis

I know this is not euphonium or tuba related, but Allen Vizzutti will be in Memphis October 23/24 and in concert with my community band, the River City Concert Band, October 24th. Yamaha is sponsoring a clinic on the 23rd, as I understand. I played in a band with Allen in 1970, and it was inspiring to hear him way back then.

One thing I learned from Arthur Lehman is that you can learn from other musicians who play other instruments. Harold Brasch took lessons from Herbert Clarke, what does that tell you? I never liked the alto sax until I heard Kenny Douse of the Marine Band from the late 1940s. Beautiful tone. And Kenny's first instrument was the violin. And from my own early experiences, my first duet, When Jesus Wept, was with my junior high band director who had a lovely tone on the trumpet. And he introduced me to Ray Young for my first euphonium lesson.

so, if you can, come on down to the Bluff City in October, have some BBQ, and hear Allen play.

Allen Vizzutti is coming to Memphis

Awesome!!! I just moved down to Memphis to start the DMA program at U of Memphis with Dr. Mueller. I'll try my best to make it to this concert.

And BTW, the BBQ here is amazing...