Thread: Another Young Euph Player would like some info if at all possible thank you!

1. Another Young Euph Player would like some info if at all possible thank you!

Hi, i recently sat my grade 7 Euphonium exam and was pondering buying myself a 4 valve euphonium, what would anyone or everyone suggest as a starting point, im not really looking to spend more than £700 if i can id rather have something like an old besson or sovereign not a brand new thing!

Any help would be gratefully accepted

Another Young Euph Player would like some info if at all possible thank you!

Hi Jonny,Welcome the forum.Unfortunately, most of us are in the US, so while we would be happy to offer opinions and general advice various models to consider, we're probably not very well knowledgeable regarding prices for used euphs in the UK. Your best option in that regard may be to ask your question on the brass band site, TheMouthpiece.com.

3. Another Young Euph Player would like some info if at all possible thank you!

Hello Fsung ... private message sent.

4. "we would be happy to offer opinions and general advice"

what is your view on the Rosetti 7 Series?

"we would be happy to offer opinions and general advice"

Again, you're likely to get better-informed replies from a UK-based forum.

The Rossetti brand of instruments is not readily available in the US. Those that are are strictly beginner-level instruments and are sold principally via ebay and small-time online vendors.

Rosetti has been brought up on the forum before. Given the remarkable similarities in appearance (rose brass leadpipe, nickel-silver tuning slide outers, finger buttons), specs, and soft case between the pictures of the Rosetti euphs on the Normans.co.uk website and store-branded horns sold by various US vendors, I presume they're of Chinese manufacture. If that is the case, the playability and quality of workmanship and materials can vary widely from vendor to vendor. I've played some surprisingly good and some appallingly poor examples of Chinese-made euphs, and some that have fallen in between the extremes, over the past two years [NB: I have NOT had the opportunity to try a Rosetti horn of any description]: it depends on what the vendor is willing to accept.