Thread: tuba sighting on bell canada

1. tuba sighting on bell canada

I'm a euphonium player, but I like this tuba riff on a commercial here in Canada. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kB3gYAh1hus . One reason is I've at least 3 or 4 kids tell me how cool it is. Is that a tuba sound or do you hear any doctoring. I want to try to duplicate it on the euphonium. Can anyone hear the notes he's playing to give me a sxtart in trying to play it

tuba sighting on bell canada

I may not be be able to transcribe it for you, but that's based off an old Herbie Hancock tune, Bring Down the Birds. The infectious bass line was borrowed by (one-hit wonder?) Dee Lite for Groove is in the Heart a while back, too.

...low and behold

tuba sighting on bell canada

I recommend this riff as a good ear training exercise. Listen to it enough times that you can sing it. Play close attention to what is happening on (and off) the beat, especially the end of the riff and the pickups that keep the riff going. You'll be surprised how quickly you can get it going once you can sing it. It will sound great on euphonium!

- Carroll
    Carroll Arbogast
    Piano Technician
    CMA Piano Care

4. tuba sighting on bell canada

The tuba player's name is Larry Shields (primarily a bass trombonist). If you good him you'll find him. He might be able to help you. From what I understand it was a long, grueling recording session and he'll have it quite memorized by now I'm sure.