Thread: Dillon 4-Valve Non-Comp

Dillon 4-Valve Non-Comp

Last night I purchased a new Dillon 4-valve non-comp Euph. Matt and Davin over there were extremely helpful when I went in to pick it up and the guys there are certainly knowledgeable. They also hooked me up with a nice G&W Kadja mp and last night when I got home I was able to start playing again for the first time in 12 years. I did notice I found it kind of hard to get the whole instrument in tune but once I did she seemed to playing like a dream.

2. Dillon 4-Valve Non-Comp

Welcome back!

It's a great feeling when you start getting back into things, and it just keeps getting better!

The Dillon 4v non-comp is a nice horn. It has a nice tone and is responds pretty well. They are challenging to get everything into tune but they do play very nicely. Good luck!

3. Dillon 4-Valve Non-Comp

How are you liking the Kadja?

4. Dillon 4-Valve Non-Comp

Congrats on getting back into playing!!! It's always wonderful when someone returns to a long lost passion! Keep us updated on your progress and your thoughts on how your instrument and G&W Kadja mouthpiece perform. Welcome back!
    Gregory E. Lopes
    Euphonium player
    US Navy Band Great Lakes
    US Navy Music Program, 2009-Present

Besson Prestige 2052

Dillon 4-Valve Non-Comp

Well so far I have to say I really like the Kadja alot. I tried the 51D at Dillons also, but i thought the Kadja was much more responsive for me, especially after being out of music for so long.

My biggest problems with tuning right now seem to be on the first valve. I am having a really hard time getting that E flat in tune. Just seems a little too flat even without the slide out at all. Hoping it just needs some breaking in.