Thread: wwbw

1. wwbw

I had posted about my frustration in the gig bag thread

the latest in my saga with WWBW to get my gig bag....

So the day after we got the mic instead of the bag, my father (who works from home, so I had it shipped their since no one could sign for it in my apartment nor want to drive from Evanston to Northbrook to get it from UPS)... he called and talked with someone... eventually (saturday) the found my bag in Kansas City.... and my dad was told they could overnight it (which he'd be in Chicago at that point...), so he and I were both told it was going to be shipped out (standard ground, per my dad's request not mine). Based on the last shipping, it should be here tomorrow or Thursday. Still plenty of time for me to take the 6 hour round trip via train & CTA to Indiana and get my bag before my community band meets....

This morning I find out they refunded my bag!!! So basically... waking up and seeing that, I'm pretty.. perturbed... This does not shine well with WWBW and in my latest ordering, I had decided to go straight to the manufacturers and pay a little extra just because I felt I could trust them more (I bought a mouthpiece)...

Anyway. I'm just extremely frustrated at this point...

As much as I want to like WWBW, I'm finding it hard to want to buy anything from them.

--- okay, so why it's so important to me to get that bag: My community band only meets once a month, I just bought a new-to-me euphonium and I really want to play it next week... So I ordered, with plenty of time to have my dad bring it to me, my gig bag... I live in Evanston, near Chicago... and travel over an hour (taking the El, then two different buses) just to get there. Carrying my horn without a case isn't really an option in my mind.

sorry to sound all whiny... but I get up before 6a, and well, getting news like this that early isn't fun....

2. wwbw

they charged my account again.... so I'm crossing my fingers that when I actually get to Indiana there will be a gig bag waiting for me...

3. wwbw

apparently, whatever charge they had started they canceled.
    I'm getting absolutely no response from them when I call either....

(I'm a little more than peeved at this point because I spent 6 hours getting to Indiana yesterday only to find out that the bag was never delivered... I've got no clue where it is... and am now searching for a place that will ship overnight so I can get it in time.)

... Basically.. my next question... Any one have any ideas about taking a horn on a train and a couple of buses without a case?????

wwbw

Originally posted by: erinichristine

<snip>
    ... Basically.. my next question... Any one have any ideas about taking a horn on a train and a couple of buses without a case?????
    I wouldn't do it myself. If you can't find a case locally, isn't there someone you know that could loan you a bag for the trip?
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

5. wwbw

Unfortunately, my bag was back-ordered by WWBW... they neglected to tell me, and had made it sound like my bag was shipping....

Anyway... I ordered directly from Amazon.com, paid $75 in overnight shipping... and my bag (and coincidently my new mouthpiece) arrived exactly on time for my rehearsal.

let me just say, that bag worked great for Chicago's public transportation!