just wanted to share this with interested persons. I only posted a text version here Unforutnately not all the links works don't paste in well, but you can see all the photos, text, and links, but going to : Spring 2008 Newsletter Onlinehttp://www.euphonium.com/news.htm

Spring Euphonium.com News 2008 HIGHLIGHTS

Euphonium.com grows in Spring!!

The sun is shining and the grass is turning green and shorts are becoming fashionable again!! Euphonium.com has received lots of sunshine lately:

3 items selected as Finalists for the 2008 ITEA Bobo and Phillips Awards for Excellence in Recording and Composition.
Great support for the Consortium Commission - Join in!!
6 NEW publications by Euphonium.com in April
Check the price MARKDOWNS in the Special Offers Section.
A massive photo update for travels from 2008.
Lots of great news and events with the approach of the end of school year with all the exciting events that will take place this summer: IEI 2008 in Atlanta, ITEC in Cincinnati, and of course the Falcone competition in August.

If you have trouble reading this, we have included a link to a webpage version and a PDF format newsletter to make it easier.

Naxos Podcast and Bobo Award FINALIST for Majestic Journey

Great news for the euphonium!! Naxos has posted an 18 minute interview focused on the new recording Majestic Journey, It includes some background on the instrument (if you are reading this newsletter, you probably don't need to hear this part), but also delves into the history and significance of the project.

Majestic Journey was also named a FINALIST in the 2008 ITEA Roger Bobo Awards for Recording.

Follow this link to the podcast and at the bottom choose the "Classical Music Spotlight" and then "Majestic Journey - An Interview with Adam Frey."

See our SPECIAL OFFER below and to purchase or hear sound samples from this album, visit here.

Help make more great music for the euphonium...

We are more than halfway to our goal. We still need more people to be involved and hope that you will jump on the band wagon before May 15!!

Go directly to the Consortium Commission Webpage.

One of my favorite activities for the euphonium involves helping to produce and commission new works for the euphonium. Since my first endeavors during my undergraduate work at the University of Georgia, I have commissioned or had created more than 60 arrangements and compositions involving the euphonium. It has been quite a lot of work!! Most importantly, it has produced some very fine repertoire for the euphonium including the Euphonium Concerto by Allen Feinstein, Winner of the 2006 Harvey Phillips Composition Award presented by ITEA and works on the CDs Taking Flight and Beyond the Horizon (Volumes 1 and 2).

To continue to help build a greater community among players and teachers around the world, I wanted to expand and get more people involved in this process. Another successful community project was the Consortium Commission of Kevin Kaska to compose a Concertino for Euphonium. We had 10 wind bands from around the globe take part in that endeavor.

As I thought about how to branch out the commission opportunities further, I wanted to offer other players the opportunity to take part in these commissions so they can feel a great sense of OWNERSHIP in the future development of the euphonium's repertoire. So thus began THE EUPHONIUM FOUNDATION. An official not-for-profit 501-3(c), the Euphonium Foundation can receive TAX DEDUCTIBLE donations.

We have 4 projects for 2008 that involve a number of composers including a solo and tuba euphonium quartet work by Eric Ewazen, a solo work by Roland Szentpali, and a set of fanfares for tuba euphonium quartet by young composers Tim Jansa, Ken Friedrich, Chris Tucker, and David Dover.

I hope you will visit the Consortium Commission Webpage to find out more information about how YOU can be a part of this exciting opportunity. Membership levels begin at $45!!! A bargain to be a part of helping to create GREAT new music for the euphonium and tuba. So please get involved, join the movement, and spread the good word!!

A few spots left for IEI 2008!!

Performances by the NABBA Champions, Georgia Brass Band, and the Atlanta Youth Wind Symphony.

I am happy to announce our outstanding lineup and information here and on the IEI Homepage!! The dates are June 15-21, 2008 in Atlanta, GA.

International Artists Jukka Myllys (Finland) and Øystein Baadsvik (Norway)
A return of Adam Frey, Brian Bowman, Gail Robertson, Tom Gibson, Caryl Conger, Magdalena Shumanova, and Martin Cochran
Commissioned new works by: Eric Ewazen and others
A Conductor's Perspective Master Class taught by Scott Stewart and Robert Ambrose
Military Band Audition Focus Classes
Arranging Class with Gail Robertson
Teaching Assistants Mark Carlson and Jamie Lipton
For our international friends, these dates offer an INCREDIBLE opportunity to attend BOTH IEI and then travel to Cincinnati for the ITEC the week following from June 24-28. There is also a special discount for people attending both IEI and ITEC. For more info on ITEC, visit the ITEA Website.

For more detailed information, visit the IEI homepage at http://www.euphonium.com" target="_blank.

The Newest Items...

Check out the MP3 and PDF samples of NEW publications by Euphonium.com
Sonata for Euphonium and Piano - James Stephenson
FINALIST in the 2008 ITEA Phillips Awards
Call of the Seasons - Philip Catelinet
A great brass band solo is now easily available.
The Journey Home - Martin Mikles
A lovely new composition with piano.
Cyanic Ballade - Jiro Censhu
Diversions - Richard Prior (due May 31, 2008)
FINALIST in the 2008 ITEA Phillips Awards

New CHAMBER Music
Flower Duet from Lakme - Leo Delibes arr. Frey
for two euphoniums and piano (duet parts in bass clef, b-flat treble, and c-treble)
A Tribute from the East - Jiro Censhu
for Euphonium and Marimba

GREAT Lip Slurs by Bai Lin
Take your flexibility to the next level with this INCREDIBLE book, Lip Flexibilities, by Chinese trumpet teacher, Bai Lin.

Special Offers and Discounts

Spring into some new music with a coupon for 10% off an order at the Euphonium.com Store. Use coupon code "SPRINGBLOSSOM08". The offer expires May 16, so don't delay!!

Majestic Journey CD SPECIAL OFFER: Add on Taking Flight or Beyond the Horizon for $12 each or get ALL three 2007 releases for $32...a savings of $10!!

MARK DOWN Prices for the month of May
Harlequin - Philip Sparke (down to $25 from $28)
Euphonium Concerto - Martin Ellerby (down to $26 from $29.50)
Brillante - Peter Graham (down to $17.00 from $20)
Euphonium Concerto - Allen Feinstein (down to $20 from $25)

Sincerely...

Well this concludes another edition of our newsletter. I hope you found it informative and beneficial. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to email them to adam@euphonium.com" target="_blank.

The picture on the right is from the MENC National Convention. I got to solo with the Atlanta Youth Wind Symphony (playing at IEI 2008) and we closed with Melody Shop and invited in a few "ringers" in the form of Phil Franke and Mark Jenkins from the US Marine Band and also Aaron Tindell from Indiana University. It was GREAT fun indeed.

I hope you visit the Forum as well as take part in the exciting commissioning projects that are offered in the future.

Onward and upward,

Adam Frey
Euphonium Soloist
Georgia State University & Emory University
Yamaha Performing Artist