Thread: Price of a King 2280

1. Price of a King 2280

I am new to the fourms, it has been about 6 years since I have played the euphonium but I am looking for a horn to start playing again and I dont want to break the bank. That being said, is $800 dollars a fair price for a used King 2280. It has two dents both look as if they would not affect playability, purely cosmetic. Also what is the going rate to get a horn chem. cleaned as I am not to found of having someone elses dried saliava in my horn. Thanks in advance.

Price of a King 2280

$800 would be a steal (assuming that the condition is as described). A rough rule of thumb for used horns is 50% of new price. WWBW is selling the 2280 for $3310, and the "Buy It Now" price for new 2280s is around $2500.

Chem cleaning prices seem to vary by region and from shop to shop. In this area, a 4-valve euph runs anywhere from $60 to $120.

Price of a King 2280

Originally posted by: mclaugh
    WWBW is selling the 2280 for $3310, and the "Buy It Now" price for new 2280s is around $2500.
    Just to clear up a confusing point, WWBW sells the new ones for $2,549 in silver and $2,299 in lacquer. The one for $3,310 is in their OUTLET - go figure.

Anyway, I agree totally that a good 2280 is easily worth $800.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium