Thread: Vivaldi and other thoughts

Vivaldi and other thoughts

We have in our repetoire the Marcello and Vivaldi Cello Sonatas, and the Galliard Bassoon Sonatas. Wonder why much has not been done with the bassoon sonatas and our conertos on euphonium. I know they are hard, just curious. I also like the Mozart Bassoon Concerto, Danzi and Rosetti wrote some great concertos and seem to lie very well on euphonium. I actually find them a little more interesting than the Mozart. To totally change the subject, does anyone know of a good arrangement of Shenadoah for euphonium and piano. Anyway thanks. Bob Madeson

2. Vivaldi and other thoughts

Regarding the arrangement of shenandoah....I don't know of any current setting for Euphonium; however, if you can find an arrangement for solo voice, those usually work well on Euphonium.
    Gregory E. Lopes
    Euphonium player
    US Navy Band Great Lakes
    US Navy Music Program, 2009-Present

Besson Prestige 2052

Vivaldi and other thoughts

Since my daughter is a flutist, when the grandparents come to vist, my son and daughter get together and learn some duets, either Cello/Flute or Basson//Woodwind/Flute stuff with my son playing Euph. Bach's 13 Duets for Cello and Flute are also excellent with a euph.