Thread: MID 70S BESSON

1. MID 70S BESSON

just found this horn on ebay and its a 1976 Besson Satin Silver compensating Euphonium. i guess its a large shank and i was wondering if this horn is any good.thanks

2. MID 70S BESSON

A little bit more information would help... maybe give us the link to the Euph on ebay.
    Gregory E. Lopes
    Euphonium player
    US Navy Band Great Lakes
    US Navy Music Program, 2009-Present

Besson Prestige 2052

MID 70S BESSON

I'm guessing it would be this one:

Besson Satin Silver Euphonium on eBay
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

MID 70S BESSON

I would be very careful about bidding on this.

I contacted the seller with a list of specific questions regarding the model, shank size, condition of the valves and slides, brand and size the included mouthpiece, etc. and received a reply to my email account outside the ebay system. Didn't answer any of my questions, just said, "The item is in perfect condition" and offered to end the auction early and sell it to me directly ("I want to sell it faster and i want to find a buyer immediately": in which case, why didn't the seller list a "Buy It Now" price?): a definite ebay no-no, and one that just about screams "FRAUD ALERT! FRAUD ALERT!" Also, if you check the seller info, the seller is newly registered (10-31-2007) and has no feedback, so it's a bit riskier than dealing with someone with a track record.

That being said, the asking price in the e-mail I received was very reasonable, assuming that the condition of the horn is as it was represented. Depending on your level of suspicion, it might have been a bit too good.

UPDATE: clicking through to the Seller Profile link on the page Dave linked above shows that the listing has been pulled.

5. MID 70S BESSON

YEA thats it.....im considering it but im not sure..so if there is any info anybody can give me will help...thanks

MID 70S BESSON

Hmm ... the link is now dead ... just as bidding was approaching the "buy it now" price quoted to me by the seller.

Can't imagine why the seller would let it go at that amount now, given that there was only a day left and the early bidding pattern suggested the final price was going to be a fair bit higher.

Wonder whether it was another "Canceled by Ebay due to fraudulant bidding"?