Thread: Sheetmusic and scores for download

1. Sheetmusic and scores for download

I found this website the other day: http://imslp.org/wiki/Main_Page
    Here you can download the cellosuites of J S Bach, Arban's method for the cornet, Debussy's Syrinx and alot of other works that is suitable for the euphonium. You have to read about copyright on the site for yourself before you download. Bach for example is free of charge since he died in 1750.

Sheetmusic and scores for download

Wow! This is great! Thanks for the link.

3. Sheetmusic and scores for download

Sad to say the IMSLP is dead. International Copyright issues. Check link for the bad news.

Gary

Sad to say the IMSLP is dead. International Copyright issues.
    Biting my tongue ... hard.

For those looking for Arban, it's available via the links in this post on brass-forum.co.uk. Edition copyright 1879, scanned and placed in public domain by Library of Congress, so no legal issues attached.

5. Sheetmusic and scores for download

Another source is here:

http://lcweb2.loc.gov/diglib/i...arch/ihas-search.html

It's the Library of Congress digital archives. Try selecting "instrumental parts" and leave the search text empty. Lots of Sousa, ragtime, and more. You can select individual instruments and even print out enlarged copies.

Now, watch the copyright dates here, but if you're looking for a practice part for Euphonium for Sousa's Liberty Bell march, you'll find it here.

The search turns up 379 hits. It's worth looking at.

You can also search for scores, etc.

IMSLP is back online!

Here's the link to Arban's Method for Cornet.

IMSLP has got to be one of the best resources out there for any musician. I was really depressed when it shut down, but now that it is back I fully intend to take advantage of its wonderful collection, and I would encourage others to do the same.