Thread: Carol Jantsch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Carol Jantsch

Does anyone know where to listen to Ccarol Jantsch? I hear she is really awesome and I want to listen to her play. I would really want to hear her play Flight of the Bumble Bee.

Carol Jantsch

Try the NPR article that ran a while back featuring tubas. There is recording of her there.

Tubas on NPR
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

3. Carol Jantsch

That is a wonderful article with some great sound clips. I really enjoyed reading about some of the histories of the different brass instruments, and must admit that I was not well informed on the history of the trumpet.... although, Miles Hoffman does mis-inform the audience by saying that the Tuba (developed in the 1830's) is the youngest brass instrument. When of course, the Euphonium was developed by Ferdinand Sommer of Weimar in 1843, or arguably Adolph Sax in the same year. The compensating wasn't even around until 1874. But, I am certainly not intending to discredit the article. Any publicity for either the Tuba or Euphonium is a good thing.
    Gregory E. Lopes
    Euphonium player
    US Navy Band Great Lakes
    US Navy Music Program, 2009-Present

Besson Prestige 2052

4. Carol Jantsch

Dave,
    Thanks for the link. I got to hear her play when the orchestra came to Eugene for one night. Nice to hear the clips, along with some of the story.
    Ally