Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Tuba Quartet, needs your suggestions

New Tuba Quartet, needs your suggestions

Hi Rory,

I've written four suites for tuba quartet...one is carried by Cimarron Music, three are published at my website. Pretty difficult. Some samples are linked below:

Mvt. 1 from Circus Suite (published by Cimarron Music Press)

Mvt. 1 from Circus Suite

Slow mvt from Suite No. 2

Suite 2, mvt. 2

Good luck with your quartet. Should be a great learning and performing experience!

Ken F.

2. New Tuba Quartet, needs your suggestions

Knuxie, did I buy 'Catch' from you? I can't recall whose website it was, but it's a good piece! My tuba quartet really enjoys it!
    Sue

Thanks, Sue. Glad you like it. Email me a recording sometime.

Ken F.

4. New Tuba Quartet, needs your suggestions

Ken:

I heard many of your compositions at the recent ITEA conference in Austin, and I also enjoyed your remarks during the composer forum. That would have been an ideal opportunity for me to talke with you; I saw you in many different settings, in the audience of the student and artist recitals and hanging out in the hallways. I won't let that opportunity pass by again.

But I'm curious what your euphonium background is and how you got started composing. I've just started composing a piece for euphonium and a friend of mine is now working on the piano part. We're doing it for fun because we both have an interest and so it's sort of a challenge just to start it and see where it goes.

If you live in the Austin area, I'd love to hook up with you sometime over coffee just to pick your brain.

But again, just wanted to say how much I enjoyed all of your compositions I heard at the conference.

Wow, thanks! That was some experience in my own backyard. I was very impressed that all the performers did so well.

My background is basicaly how I described at the discussion. I switched from cornet to euphonium in 8th grade and that changed my life on so many levels. Thank you, Mr. Osborne!

I got exposed to the tuba ensemble experience at NMSU in Las Cruces, NM. Loved the close knit sound and comraderie amongst the members. I sat dead last chair which put me right next to the first chair tuba, so I got exposed to the sound and technical aspects that a tuba can be capable of. Best of all, I got to write for the group, which was pretty cool for an incoming freshman. More importantly, though, that got others to write for the ensemble as well. It really helps to have a venue to write for.

I'd love to meet and talk turkey. Anytime.

Regards,

Ken F.

6. New Tuba Quartet, needs your suggestions

We carry quite a few titles for Tuba/Euphonium quartets - many have score samples and sound samples.

Brassworks 4 Publishing

Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12