Dear Friends,

It is with great pleasure that I look forward to the 4th installment of the IEI this year. It has seen such phenomenal growth!! The level of dedication of the participants and staff continues to amaze me and inspires me to strive to make it the best event possible!!

This year will mark the expansion of inviting TWO international guests: David Childs from the UK, and Markus Theinert from Germany, to add to the fantastic artists from the US including Dr. Brian Bowman, Adam Frey, Dr. Thomas Gibson, David Werden, Kevin Wass, Martin Cochran, and Jamie Lipton. Our pianists will see the return of Mrs. Caryl Conger and Magdelena Shumanova. Musical guests will include the Army Ground Forces Band and the Piedmont Trombone Society (and funk trombone quintet...very cool). Click for the IEI 2007 Flyer in PDF format.

Once again, participants will have the opportunity to study privately, perform in master classes, experience a euphonium ensemble more than 50 strong, chamber music, social time, and of course chat and eat meals with students and teachers from all over the world!! Also, participants will get to experience world premieres by composers Roland Szentpali, James Stephenson, Richard Prior, Tim Jansa, and others.

PRE-REGISTRATION deadline is February 28, 2007. Sending in your application by this date will ensure your teacher selections as well as consideration for available talent scholarships.

Please visit Euphonium.com for the IEI Homepage including sample schedules, details, and applications. Thank you to our confirmed Sponsors for IEI 2007 and we hope you will visit them: Miraphone, Sterling, Willson, Woodwind and Brasswind, Yamaha, Meinl Weston, and BVD Press.

Feel free to visit the expanded Euphonium.com store that features the newly released Euphonium Source Book along with many international titles and MP3 files of recordings of Adam Frey.