Thread: EUPHONIUM SERIAL NUMBER

EUPHONIUM SERIAL NUMBER

I have a Booosey & Hawkes Oxford Euphonium Model #475 made in England and cannot find the serial number on the horn.
    Please advise if anyone can tell me where the number might be.
    The horn was probably made around the 1940's or 50's but I would like to document the year for sale purposes.
    Thank you.

2. EUPHONIUM SERIAL NUMBER

Cooler, I have two B&H Imperials from the 1940s. Both have two serial numbers: one on the bell stamped under the engraving facing the audience and away from you; and one on the second valve casing. They are different. One is when the horn's body was made and the other when the valve casing assembly was made. Hope that helps you locate your's. Can't imagine why you'd not be able to find it somewhere on the horn. Look all over, upside down and etc. Might be hidden? No doubt that someone here on the forum can tell you exactly where it is.

EUPHONIUM SERIAL NUMBER

You may have to pull out the 2nd valve compensator slide to see the S/N. At least on my Yamaha-641 that's where it's hidden.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

4. EUPHONIUM SERIAL NUMBER

On my 1959 B & H Imperial, it was on the front of the body of the bell but partly obscured below the lead pipe. PJ

EUPHONIUM SERIAL NUMBER

Hello,
    Thank you for your response, but the only numbers on my horn are on the valve casings. Two numbers on each casing with the "475" as an additional number on the second casing.
    Could a three digit number be the serial number or is it the combination of all the casing numbers?
    In any event, do you know of a source for cross referencing Boosey & Hawkes serial numbers?
    Thank you.

6. EUPHONIUM SERIAL NUMBER

I'm not sure if this'll help you any, but on my Holton, the serial number is on the mouthpiece recievor and it consists of the letter B and a 3 digit number