Thread: Tuba Exchange Comp Euph

Tuba Exchange Comp Euph

In the 'Help Selecting the Right Horn' thread, the Chinese made comp euph the Tuba Exchange is selling as a house brand is mentioned. I live about 15 minutes from the TE and played two samples of the horn, for about an hour, for a friend who wanted a second opinion.

Time will tell, but I liked what I played. The construction seemed solid, more so than, say, the Weril. The intonation was good, the partials lined up well.

I felt the sound was very close to a Besson sound. I played the used 967 mentioned in the other thread and was hard pressed to say which horn's sound I liked better.

If build quality remains good and there is consistency across the production runs, this could be an option for people on a budget.

2. Tuba Exchange Comp Euph

I'm glad that someone else (with more experience than me) has played these horns, and can make a report. As I mentioned in my thread, I could tell that it "should" be a better horn, I'm just not good enough yet to get the "extra" out of it. And remember, until I had the trouble with the case, I was actually going to buy the TE brand non-compensating horn. I really hope they are able to keep offering these horns, and maybe once I get better, I'll re-visit them. I certainly have nothing but praise for John and Tuba Exchange.