Sponsor Banner

Collapse

Has anyone tried the Giddings & Webster E-1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mbrooke
    • Jan 2006

I purchased one and am testing it out. I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts about this mouthpiece?

Mike
  • GMEuphonium
    • Mar 2006

I also have the Giddens and Webster E-1. Not sure how I feel about it though... It's quite a big mouthpiece and it has the possiblilty to delivery a huge sound with pretty good intonation however, I feel like it is more...the only word that comes to mind is blunt. It does not seem like a very refined mouthpiece. Does that make sense to you? I do like it though but I use it mostly to play Bass Trombone literature. What do you think?

Comment

• JTJ
      • Nov 2005

I have not tried the E-1, but did try the E-2, and found it absolutely did not work for me. Too trombone like and, well, blunt, is a good word. A friend whose ears I trust, a Julliard grad in trombone performance, said it sounded harsh.

Comment

• kevin67
        • Aug 2006

How about the G & W Carbonaria Euphonium mouthpiece? I believe that the E-1 and E-2 are designed for Trombone.

I have been thinking about the Carbonaria, (in SS not Titanium).

G & W describes it as

A large mouthpiece designed for ensemble playing. Designed exclusively for Euphonium players that want a larger sound, and more core without losing flexibility and articulation. Rim 1.020 diameter, and throat .304 Diameter.

Comment

• Pedaltone
          • Mar 2007

Has anyone used a GW (Ivan Giddings and Webster) Kadja or E-1 stainless steel mouthpiece? I'm currently using a LOUD LM-27, but it doesn't give me enough volume of sound--it is good in intonation, but the sound can easily get swallowed up in a concert band. I don't feel that it projects enough.

Please correspond directly to me at

pedaltone@brightnet.com

Art Molitierno

Comment

Working...
          X