Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's named their horns?

1. Who's named their horns?

I was on a British Brass Band site and found a thread about what people had named their horns.

Mine actually have some interesting stories behind them.

My Jupiter is named: "Nacho Horn." When I was in the military, people kept taking my cover [hat] by mistake, so instead of writing my name in it, like everyone else, I put in huge red letters: "NACHO HAT." People asked why and I'd say, "It's Nacho Hat, it's my hat." Which made some people laugh a bit. After awhile, I started using that moniker on various things from my desk that would walk off... after I recovered them, I'd write 'Nacho Stapler, Nacho Tape, etc' on the items - and people just associated it with me. So shortly after I got the horn, my pal from the military days called me and I told him about my new horn. He asked me if I'd written 'Nacho Horn' on it yet. Well - what could I do at that point except declare it as Nacho Horn.

My Blessing M300 is known as: "Not so Wee." Another friend told me a joke about a tourist in Scotland wanting to buy a T-Shirt... and asked for a size Large. The storekeeper said, "Ah laddie. We don' be havin' American sizes here in Scotland - no Small, Medium, an' Large. We're havin' 'Wee,' 'Not so Wee', and 'Effin HUGE!'" When my wife saw the MB, she called it a 'Trumpet on Steroids,' and referred to the joke my friend had told... and to keep it clean in public, 'Not so Wee' it is.

I haven't come up with anything for the new Tenor Trombone yet. And she hasn't come up with anything for her cornet or trumpet either.

Anybody else name their horns? Or am I just the only weirdo around here?

2. Who's named their horns?

I haven't named any of my horns since my first tuba, which was "Max." Since then, they are all nameless, unless I'm having a bad day. Then, they are called "you stupid P.O.S.!" (trying to keep it family friendly...)

3. Who's named their horns?

Sally: Salvation Army (Boosey) euph
    Miranda: Miraphone CC
    Oscar: Oscar Schmidt Accoustic Guitar
    Roland: Roland Keyboard
    Austin: Austin Les Paul Electric guitar
    Doc: Doc Severinsen Custom 1000B trumpet
    Reyna: Reynolds/Olds vbone
    YamaHoltonstein: slide bone (as voted by the followers of trombone.org)
    and last but not least Killer: Van Hall (Kurath) Bb tuba

4. Who's named their horns?

I named my Yamaha 642s Rachel. Its long story. But to sum it up the horn had a sweet sound. As said by someone close to me. I thought of the first girl name that poped up in my mind. The rest is history.

Who's named their horns?

My Besson euph's name is Sweety Pie
    My Bach 42 trombone name is Bluenite
    My Yamaha 354V valve bone is name Valvette

6. Who's named their horns?

B&H Imperial == Little Arthur

7. Who's named their horns?

My band director used to call my Besson Souvereign "EXCALIBUR" because I always kept it cleaned up....

8. Who's named their horns?

I've arrived at the sort of age where performance of everyday routine actions, like talking, for instance, can suddenly stop due to shortage of information at the point of supply to the thinking area. It was following one of these interludes that I realised that I had referred to my Reynolds as the'Wonderphone'.

9. Who's named their horns?

Of the many dozens of instruments I've owned over the years, none have had names although I do sometimes call my Baier euph a "silver cello," especially if I'm playing cello music on it.

10. Who's named their horns?

Well i have played tubas and some junker olds baritone from school only a few have been named they are

my Yamaha 321s euphonium is named euphie(u-fee)
    My Bach trombone(dont know the number) is called Sebastian
    both have long stories of which i wont go it to detail but nmy trombone is named Sebastian because its a Bach(little corny i know)
    And Euphie is called that cause me and my mom were driving trying to ome up with names and at thhe time my brother was playing final fantasy or someting like that and one of the characters is named Yuffie so we just changed the spelling

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast