Thread: Wanted: Conn Vintage euphonium/baritone

1. Wanted: Conn Vintage euphonium/baritone

I am looking for an older Conn Euph or baritone with a silver/silver satin finish...4 valves. I almost bought one on ebay about 6 1/2 years ago but didn't and have regretted it ever since. I will take any condition,
    Thanks!

2. Wanted: Conn Vintage euphonium/baritone

HA ve you looked on ebay recently? They've had some Conn euphs and even double bell horns with 4 and 5 valves. Nice looking horns with your preferred finish.

3. Wanted: Conn Vintage euphonium/baritone

I'm going to check that out now. Thanks!
    Off-topic, I have to gripe real quick: ...this repaoir shop that I go to (it's more of a junk yard for instruments than a repair shop) is full of a ton of instruments sitting there collecting dust. I was looking through some of the stuff and came across a sivler besson 967, looks pretty old but it was in good shape just sitting in a corner on the floor covered in 1/2 inch of dust surrounded by some percussion equipment (go figure!) and I asked the guy if I could buy it and he said he would think about it. Three months later and I am still waiting for a reply. Very frusterating!

Wanted: Conn Vintage euphonium/baritone

Originally posted by: GMEuphonium

...I asked the guy if I could buy it and he said he would think about it. Three months later and I am still waiting for a reply....
    Part of the problem may be that you have left the burdon on the repair guy. He has to stop to think about it and decide how much he wants for it. Why don't you try again, but relieve him of the first step. Figure out what you think the horn is worth, let's say $1,800 for example. Then approach him and say, "Hey, I see that euphonium is still there in the corner. Would you sell it for $1,800 dollars?" That might be enough to get the ball rolling. He may make a counter offer, but at least you might get him in gear that way.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

5. Wanted: Conn Vintage euphonium/baritone

Thanks for the advice Dr. Werden! I called the man yesterday and he said that he wasn't sure who the euphonium belonged to...apparently the owner dropped it off to the shop about 18 years ago and never picked it up. Who would leave a Besson souvereign and forget to pick it up? Maybe that person was a tuba player... (hahaha)