Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever dealt with The Bandroom??

Anyone ever dealt with The Bandroom??

Anyone have any experience with The Bandroom? It's a music store in Chattanooga, TN. They have an eBay store, and sell rebuild kits, accessories, and misc. parts for a number of instruments...

Smitty

Anyone ever dealt with The Bandroom??

I realize that this response is years late, but I just joined this forum today. Several weeks ago, I purchased a euphonium rebuild kit from the Bandroom via internet, andnever received it. They never answer their phone, never respond to e-mail, and today, their voice mailbox was full. I just disputed the charges with my credit card company...

Update: It finally arrived, but took about a month.

Adams E1 0.6 SS gold satin lacquer
    Wessex EP100-S Dolce euphonium
    Yamaha YBH-621 baritone
    Yamaha YSL-354V valve trombone
    Olds Recording valve trombone
    Conn 1957 valve trombone (once owned by Bob Brookmeyer)
    Willson 2975 euphonium

"Walk to the beat of your own tuba." Dove chocolate wrapper

Looks like complaints about the Bandroom come at intervals of several years, but that doesn't make them any less complaints. I ordered some Yamaha valve springs from thebandroom.biz four weeks ago and haven't seen hide nor hair of them. Nor have they responded to two email queries. Time to deal with my credit card company, I guess
    David Bjornstad

1923 Conn New Wonder 86I, Bach 6 1/2 AL
    2018 Wessex EP100 Dolce, Denis Wick 4ABL
    2013 Jinbao JBEP-1111L, Denis Wick 4AM
    2015 Jinbao JBBR-1240, Denis Wick clone mouthpiece of unknown designation
    Cullman (AL) Community Band (Euph Section Leader)
    Brass Band of Huntsville (2nd Bari)

4. Are we talking about Thebandroom.biz? If so, I transacted with them earlier this year. Took two months to get them to ship anything, then I received a partial shipment of partially incorrect items. No responses to multiple phonecalls and emails.

A couple of years ago I bought some Yamaha springs from them (now residing in my Mack Brass euph). Didn't have any problem. But given the history, I'd think twice about doing it again.
    Gary Merrill
    Wessex EEb Bass tuba (DW 3XL or 2XL)
    Mack Brass Compensating Euph (DE N106, Euph J, J9 euph)
    Amati Oval Euph (DE 104, Euph J, J6 euph)
    1924 Buescher 3-valve Eb tuba (with std US receiver), Kelly 25
    Schiller American Heritage 7B clone bass trombone (DE LB K/K10/112/14 Lexan, Brass Ark MV50R)
    1947 Olds "Standard" trombone (Olds #3)

I placed an order for a small euphonium item (a King 2280 3rd valve slide ring) with theBandroom.biz on Nov. 11th and promptly received email messages confirming my order and the charge to my credit card. Weeks passed and I did not receive the item. I sent email inquiries on Dec. 4, 10, 17, 21, and 22, none of which received a response. I made phone calls on Dec. 20, 21, 22, and 26. The first call sent me to voice mail and I left a message. All subsequent calls were greeted with a message that said the mailbox is full, so I entered my call-back number but did not receive a call.

I have now contacted my credit card company to dispute the charge and they should be able to provide a refund within two days. I also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and saw that I was not the first to have done so. A quick Internet search showed threads similar to this on trumpet and saxophone forums as well.

I would prefer to have received the item I ordered, but have lost confidence. There may be an understandable reason behind this current lapse, but whatever the circumstances, Bandroom.biz at this time appears to be unable or unwilling to complete the transaction. I thought I should mention it here so others can take my experience into account when considering whether to order from this company.

This is always troubling to read. Hopefully everything is completely legit and you'll finally get your part. If not, then a full refund. I did some searching and under "theBandroom.biz" and I do find their website. Usually websites will have a link to check them out like: "about us". Here you can usually find out where they're located and something about the business. The only hint to where they may be located is the the 706 area code - which puts them in GA. But that's no certainty.

There is a very legitimate business called, "The Band Room" in central Texas where Ken C. Wood is affiliated (excellent euphonium player BTW). That business is also the home for "Heights Concert Band" which you can find on YouTube.

Good luck. Thanks for sharing this information.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

Thanks, Rick. So nearly as I can tell, theBandroom.biz is located in Fort Oglethorpe, GA, just outside of Chattanooga. It appears to share a street address with an insurance office in a small strip mall. They do not seem to be connected with other similarly named businesses, though I did find a reference to Battle City Music at the same address. Battle City Music doesn't have a website. I'm guessing that theBandroom.biz is operated as a part-time hobby, though even that doesn't justify the unresponsiveness several of us have experienced.

Fortunately, I only ordered a slide ring, so I just have $23 on the line!

Summerfield, Florida Sturgis, SD (summers)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickF View Post
    This is always troubling to read. Hopefully everything is completely legit and you'll finally get your part. If not, then a full refund. I did some searching and under "theBandroom.biz" and I do find their website. Usually websites will have a link to check them out like: "about us". Here you can usually find out where they're located and something about the business. The only hint to where they may be located is the the 706 area code - which puts them in GA. But that's no certainty.

There is a very legitimate business called, "The Band Room" in central Texas where Ken C. Wood is affiliated (excellent euphonium player BTW). That business is also the home for "Heights Concert Band" which you can find on YouTube.

Good luck. Thanks for sharing this information.
    Rick,

Interesting that you mentioned Ken Wood and Heights Concert Band. Their director is Carlton Morris. I played in this band back around 2005 for a short while. Good band. And, yes, Ken is a very good euphonium player. I sat next to him. Carlton is out of the old school mold, definitely in charge, does not tolerate nonsense. Some are intimidated by him, but having been in the military bands, was not an issue with me. They used to wear uniforms, sort of reminds me of the Sousa band and that style. Was a fun time there.
    John Morgan
    The U.S. Army Band (Pershing's Own) 1971-1976
    Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium, 1956 B&H Imperial Euphonium,
    1973 F. E. Olds & Son Studio Model T-31 Baritone
    Adams TB1 Tenor Trombone, Yamaha YBL-822G Bass Trombone
    Year Round Except Summer:
    Kingdom of the Sun (KOS) Concert Band, Ocala, FL (Euphonium)
    KOS Brass Quintet (Trombone, Euphonium)
    Summer Only:
    Rapid City Municipal Band, Rapid City, SD (Euphonium)
    Rapid City New Horizons Band (Euphonium)

Whois lookup indicates that the domain thebandroom.biz is registered to Jerry Bowers of the organization Super C Music Products. The address is 147 Michael Drive, Ringgold, GA 30736. (On Google maps, this appears to be a residence.) The phone number is 706-986-2263. The contacts email is jerrybowers1967@gmail.com.

When I use www.thebandroom.biz as a URL, I get a web site as it has always looked to me. It includes contact information (email of orders@thebandroom.biz and the phone number above).

Don't know if any of this helps anyone.
    Gary Merrill
    Wessex EEb Bass tuba (DW 3XL or 2XL)
    Mack Brass Compensating Euph (DE N106, Euph J, J9 euph)
    Amati Oval Euph (DE 104, Euph J, J6 euph)
    1924 Buescher 3-valve Eb tuba (with std US receiver), Kelly 25
    Schiller American Heritage 7B clone bass trombone (DE LB K/K10/112/14 Lexan, Brass Ark MV50R)
    1947 Olds "Standard" trombone (Olds #3)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast