Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buying Euphonium Mutes

Buying Euphonium Mutes

My two favorite mutes are both made by Denis Wick. Their straight mute has a good tone and holds up well to loud playing. It does not affect the intonation too much at all and has a decent response. Their practice was a great help when I was on tour and had to practice in a hotel room at odd hours. It quiets the horn nicely and plays the whole range without trouble. I had tried a H/B practice mute, but it really messed up intonation and response in the high and low ranges.

[[ UPDATED LINKS - THE MUTES ARE AVAILABLE BELOW ]]

Denis Wick Euphonium Straight Mute - Aluminum

Denis Wick DW5512 Euphonium Practice Mute
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Buying Euphonium Mutes

Does anyone know where you can actually purchase Denis Wick euph mutes these days?

It seems WW & BW have been out of them for some time, and I'm having no luck finding them in stock anywhere else.

I have some recitals coming up in a few months, and I would like to play some solo lit. that has muted sections. That said, I really would like to have the DW euph mutes (both straight & practice), as I think the other euph mutes on the market fall short of the Wick models.

Any ideas, euph fans?

Thanks,

KO

Buying Euphonium Mutes

I have a R&S mute which I got from WW&BW. It works alright except for playing anything lower then a D below the bass clef which you're not going come across too often. I have to admit, I hardly even needed the mute. I use the mute occasionaly when if I'm playing along with a small hymn sing and for one spot for my own arrangement of Chester.

4. Buying Euphonium Mutes

you can purchase both mutes from the denis wick website. Just make sure you convert to the currency you need each of the mutes run about 109$ or so.

Buying Euphonium Mutes

Many people think very highly of the Ron Apperson euphonium or tuba mutes. I don't like them quite as well as the Wick, but that might be my own personal quirk. Here is the site:

Apperson Mutes

[edited to correct Apperson Mute link]
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

6. Buying Euphonium Mutes

Has anyone tried the TTU mute?

7. Buying Euphonium Mutes

I personally love the Apperson mute. It fits well and has a beautiful sound.

8. Buying Euphonium Mutes

Denis Wick mutes are availble from http://www.slidebone.com

I also found them at Mouthpiece Express ffor less than Slidebone's price:

http://www.mouthpieceexpress.c...x2.php?cPath=1_179_357

9. Buying Euphonium Mutes

I just tried buidling a mute... hard work

10. Buying Euphonium Mutes

You can get a DW practice or straight mute from www.dillonmusic.com for $85. Shipping will be extra of course, but that will apply to ordering a mute from anywhere.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast