X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigredmusic
    • Feb 2006

Fantasy for Tuba

Hi people.... Here in N.Z. they have picked a bass clef solo for trble clef readers and have said that we have to transpose it ourselves.....Sooooo....does anyone out there have a transcribed copy please... I own a bass cleff copy I play on the EEb but haven't quite got to reading bass clef on the BBb so any help would be appreciated.ThanksGavin
  • RobWilson
    • Feb 2006

Fantasy for Tuba

I am not following you. I also play EEb Tuba. All Tuba's are not Transposing. What you see in the Bass Clef and finger corectly for your instrument you hear. However if the music is written in the Treble Clef it is transposing, like a Bb Trumpet (but an octive lower). If this is the case just have a trumpet player insert the fingering and you are good to go. If not attach a copy to my personal e-mail and I will see how I can best help you.
    Rob W <><

Comment

• bigredmusic
      • Feb 2006

Fantasy for Tuba

Sorry Rob.... The solo picked is in bass clef.... brass band players in NZ are mostly treble clef readers..... I too can sight transpose Bass clef when playing EEb Bass BUT this year the band requires me to play BBb bass, on which I haven't really got a clue on what the bass cleff is..... I did once play bass clef on trombone but I thinks thats an octave up.... my biggest problem is time to learn the bass clef or transpose in to the correct range for BBb bass.... so I thought I would make things easier on myself and see if someone else had already done it...hence the post.

Comment

• suetuba
        • May 2006

Fantasy for Tuba

this may be useful; it's just been posted on the 4barsrest brass band website:

Open BBb Bass solo - Fantasy for Tuba by Malcolm Arnold
        If you would like a treble clef version of this solo please contact David Dobson at the Band Office - brass@banz.org.nz or 04 499 9896

Sue

Comment

Working...
        X