Thread: Washington DC vicinity

Washington DC vicinity

Interesting article in today's Washington Post. It is about the single largest music store in this country, Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center. They certainly aren't flashy (no fancy websites or catalogs...they still handwrite their receipts to this day). But I've bought all of my new horns from them with great success:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...022701623.html
    - Scott

Euphoniums: Dillon 967, Monzani MZEP-1150S, Dillon 1067 (kid’s horn)
    Bass Trombones: Greenhoe GB5-3G, Getzen 1052FDR, JP232
    King Jiggs P-bone

2. Washington DC vicinity

Do they sell used horns, and how are the prices there?

Washington DC vicinity

They do have some used horns....give them a call at 301-946-8808 to check for availability. Ask to speak to Roger Keiper or Byron Tomey. Their new horn prices are equivalent or better than the Brasswind.

http://www.chucklevins.com

They usually always have a full stock of the Yamaha products, and I know they carry Willson euphoniums.
    - Scott

Euphoniums: Dillon 967, Monzani MZEP-1150S, Dillon 1067 (kid’s horn)
    Bass Trombones: Greenhoe GB5-3G, Getzen 1052FDR, JP232
    King Jiggs P-bone

4. Washington DC vicinity

I'm lucky enough to live in the DC area, and so I got my first professional quality Euphonium at Chuck Levins (a Yamaha 642S). They let you test out all the horns before you buy, and the person who helped me (Roger Keiper) was very experienced.

As for prices, their prices were lower than any others that I'd seen.

It's definently worth checking them out, and I know you can get some great deals on used horns if you catch them at the right time. I'm sure any of their employees would be willing to keep you informed of any specific brand/model you're looking for.

Good luck,
    Chris B.