People often ask how I make the YouTube videos of my playing. I have two methods, and choose which one depending on conditions.

The best results are with a quality stereo microphone, a digital recorder, and a digital camcorder. Here is equipment similar to what I use:

Audio-Technical Stereo Microphone

Click image for larger version

Name:	Audio Technica Stereo Microphone.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	141450

Zoom Audio Recorder, 4 Channel

Name:	Zoom 4 Channel Recorder.jpg
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	141451

Canon Camcorder

Name:	Canon Camcorder.jpg
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	141452

I use the Audio-Technica Stereo mic as the main microphone. It has a wonderful low range, which is good for both euphonium and piano. Because the Zoom recorder is 4 channel, I often use it closer to the piano. Then I can mix the channels in the free Audacity program to give the piano just the presence I want. The canon camcorder has a very long optical zoom and high quality picture. After recording, I combine the audio and video using a program like Nero Video. I kill the camcorder mics completely and line up the external mic's audio with the video.

A simpler, cheaper option is to bypass the Zoom recorder. The camcorder has a microphone input (you don't want to use the built-in mics!), so you can plug in the Audio-Technica mic directly. That also simplifies the mix because audio and video are already in sync.

For a cheaper way, you can use the Tascam digital recorder and its built-in mics. It's about $120 including a good SD card. You would still want to sync the audio and video after recording.

Tascam Stereo Recorder

Name:	Tascam Recorder.jpg
Size:	226.9 KB
ID:	141453

Editing Software - Nero

Name:	Nero 2018.jpg
Size:	175.3 KB
ID:	141454
For those who don't have a stand or tripod...

Amazon Basics 60-inch Tripod (approx. $24)
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-...dp/B005KP473Q/

Name:	712iGcE8YgL._SL1500_.jpg
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	141455

Mugig Boom Microphone Stand (with boom, for more height for the microphone)
https://www.amazon.com/Mugig-Microph.../dp/B071PD42CV

Name:	51Aa6TJMFdL._SL1500_.jpg
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	141456