This is from my recital in March, 2015, at the University of Iowa. Morning Song was written for tuba virtuoso Roger Bobo and recorded by him a few decades ago. (The original LP has been remade into a CD, so you can hear Bobo play it here: Roger Bobo, tuba, playing Morning Song)

I fell in love with the piece when I first heard it. Later, when I saw the sheet music, I saw that is was right in the prime euphonium range and set very high for the average tubist (it goes a step higher than Bydlo, for example). Kellaway performed with our Band and I asked him about that - he was all for a euphonium playing it.

Below is my latest rendition. This is played on a loaner Adams Custom euphonium that I was using while mine is in Holland to replicate its custom geometry. I broke a hard-fast rule of mine and did the recital on a horn that I had only had for about 2 weeks!

Sorry about any banner ads that might show up, but supposedly YouTube uses them for royalties to music publishers. You can just click the X on the banner to get rid of it.

David Werden, euphonium - Morning Song, by Roger Kellaway: