View RSS Feed

davewerden

Video: Very Unique Euphonium Feature on Melody Shop

Rate this Entry
This is from a live concert by the U. S. Army Field Band. It is an example of what a little imagination can do with a march that is already impressive, and then becomes a genuine crowd pleaser! Video features Sergeant First Class Christopher Sarangoulis and Staff Sergeant Lauren Veronie on euphoniums.

This is undoubtedly very difficult to do, either live or in practice, but they did it! What I like about this is that the march is first (apparently) played all the way through normally, but with the euphoniums coming out front for the trio. So if you want to enjoy the march, you can. But once the march is complete the show-biz part is added.

What do you think? Too much? Or just good, clean fun? Feel free to comment.

Comments

Hey, anything that gets euphonium players out of the back row! I saw the US Army Field Band recently and they were very good (as usual). Though I hoped for a soloist from the low brass section, they featured a bass clarinet trio in the concert I saw. Nevertheless, still a treat.
    These soldiers excel musically and at close order drill, too. It's an attention-getter for sure!