View RSS Feed

davewerden

Live Video of the COMPLETE Capuzzi Concerto - David Werden, Euphonium

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
After years of putting it off, in 2007 I finally got around to arranging the "missing" first movement of the Capuzzi concerto. I followed the general style of Catelinet's "Andante and Rondo" (movements two and three of the same concerto). Then earlier this year I had a chance to perform all three movements as the complete concerto.

The playlist below should automatically play all three movements of the concerto from my euphonium recital at University of Wisconsin, Eau Claire, on Feb. 10, 2013. As mentioned above, I specifically arranged the first movement ("Allegro Moderato") of this concerto so that it could be performed with the long-standing favorite euphonium or tuba solo "Andante and Rondo" arranged by Phllip Catelinet. I also performed the Andante (2nd movement of the concerto) and Rondo (3rd movement of the concerto) on this recital, making it a complete performance of the concerto. Performing with me is piano artist Dr. Barbara Young.

Capuzzi Concerto, Movements 1-2-3, David Werden, Euphonium

Below are the links to find the sheet music for this arrangement:

Euphonium and piano, 1st Movement

Tuba and piano, 1st Movement

And in case you don't already own it, here is the Catelinet "Andante and Rondo:"

Andante and Rondo (movements 2 and 3), includes tuba and euphonium solos

Comments