View RSS Feed

davewerden

Oral History Interviews with Famous Low-Brass Players

Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average.
Many of the visitors to my site are members of the International Tuba-Euphonium Association (ITEA), and many are not. Either group of people may be unaware of a terrific resource available to ITEA members.

ITEA members can go to iteaonline.org and click the History link, after which you see a link to the Oral History section of their website. In this section you find transcripts of interviews with tuba and euphonium players who are well-know in our community. This is a great way to help preserve our history. They are also good reading!

One of those is active now on my site, the interview with Henry Charles Smith. You can read it in its entirety here, whether or not you are a member (this will give you an idea of the value and enjoyment you can gain from these interviews!):
Interview with Henry Charles Smith.

Below is a list of the current and in-process projects. Most of the names below are linked, but you will need to be logged in as an ITEA member to see the content. If you are not already a member, please consider joining (more information below).

I've been part of the community for several decades (from the time it was known as the Tubists Universal Brotherhood Association - T.U.B.A.). It is nice to know that part of my fees go for commissioning new music for tuba and euphonium players. And from ITEA's membership page, here are the more benefits:

Benefits of Membership

• Access to Members-Only area of Website
  • Electronic version of the Journal
  • Video Lessons from the Pros
  • Discounts at Tuba-Euphonium Press
  • Extensive MP3 Library
  • Access to all Regional and International Conferences
  • Be informed about all that is going on in your instrument community
  • And coming soon... the entire inventory of ITEA Journals online for members!

Learn more here:
http://www.iteaonline.org/members/Jo...etamembership/

Comments

Just added a new article, an oral history interview of Paul Droste. He covers his background and experiences, his affinity for the euphonium, his relationship with Yamaha, and his contribution to the American brass band movement. You'll find it on the Articles home page:

Articles about Euphonium and Tuba