View RSS Feed

davewerden

Dave Werden Playing Beauty and the Beast (Euphonium and Piano)

Rate this Entry
During my Feb. 10, 2013 recital at the University of Wisconsin Eau Claire, I wanted to introduce a change of pace from standard literature. Ever since I saw the movie "Beauty and the Beast" I have been a big fan of the title song, and also taken by Angela Lansbury's performance. It was late in Ms. Lansbury's career and her voice had a relaxed, but authoritative, quality. She was singing in the most natural part of her range, which was somewhat low. It seemed a perfect fit for presentation on euphonium, and also a way to let the audience relax a bit.

With me on piano is Barbara Young, and turning pages is her husband, tubist Jerry Young.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83FY2OLqQo0

Submit "Dave Werden Playing Beauty and the Beast (Euphonium and Piano)" to Digg Submit "Dave Werden Playing Beauty and the Beast (Euphonium and Piano)" to del.icio.us Submit "Dave Werden Playing Beauty and the Beast (Euphonium and Piano)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Dave Werden Playing Beauty and the Beast (Euphonium and Piano)" to Google

Comments

"I wanted to introduce a change of pace from standard literature".

I have been playing Euphonium for 29 years and have never played a standard literature piece.
    My repertoire is that which was played by "The Six Fat Dutchman". I just love the New Ulm sound.

I enjoyed your "Beauty and the Beast" very much.