View RSS Feed

davewerden

Dave Werden and Oystein Baadsvik - Bach Aria-Duet - Video

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
My duet performance with Oystein Baadsvik is now on my videos page. This is from March 10, 2013, in Woodbury, Minnesota, and was part of the Baadsvik concert presented by Minne-Brass. This piece is with euphonium, tuba, and piano. The arrangement is available from Cimarron Music Press.

Oystein Baadsvik and David Werden, Bach Aria-Duet

The arrangement is also available for band (a small wind ensemble from a regular concert band).

Comments

That's GREAT! Really beautiful. I like the finish on your horn. I believe it's probably what my 1924 Buescher tuba looked something like about 89 years ago . I was holding my breath a couple of times -- not because of the beauty of the performance, though that would have been reason enough -- but because of the closeness and orientation of the instruments. Two weeks ago the tuba player sitting to my right was a little careless in raising his horn and clanged his bell rim into mine. If there was any damage, I couldn't pick it out amongst the variety of small dings acquired over the 89 years. But the next week I moved over by the euphoniums.

What did you think of Oystein's "collapsible tuba"?
    Quote Originally Posted by ghmerrill
    What did you think of Oystein's "collapsible tuba"?
    I thought it was very slick! Fits into a safe & compact case for the body, and the bell fits into an easy-to-carry-on backpack. The valve section also folds downward into the body to protect that delicate mechanism. What a great idea!