View RSS Feed

davewerden

Free Recordings of Adam Frey - Performance and Interview

Rate this Entry
I have written about this before, but it is time for a reminder. There is a great website called Brasscast that offers a podcast every week featuring brass bands (or sometimes individual players or composers) from around the world. I am always surprised by the number and variety of bands they feature, from world-famous bands such as Black Dyke Mills to bands I haven't heard of before but am glad to learn about. But they all have something to offer!

Their most recent podcast, from October 11, 2009, features American euphonium soloist Adam Frey. The notes on the site describe it this way:

Numbers played this week include Valflickens danse from Taking Flight by Hugo Alfven arranged by Adam Frey. The Swan - Saint-Saens from Collected Dreams Majestic Journey from Majestic Journey by Kevin Kaska. A Walk in the Woods from Beyond the horizon by Jiro Censhu (FINALIST -2006 ITEA Composition Contest.) Duelin Banjos from Little Buckaroos by Smith arranged by Frey (with Scott Hartman and the Metropolitan Wind Symphony Classical.)

The site offers a convenient RSS feed, so you can see what's up easily from your RSS reading program or from most browsers' built-in RSS readers. Podcasts are refreshed each Sunday.

Visit Brasscast.com and check it out!

Submit "Free Recordings of Adam Frey - Performance and Interview" to Digg Submit "Free Recordings of Adam Frey - Performance and Interview" to del.icio.us Submit "Free Recordings of Adam Frey - Performance and Interview" to StumbleUpon Submit "Free Recordings of Adam Frey - Performance and Interview" to Google

Comments