View RSS Feed

davewerden

Find Hidden Treasures on eBay

Rate this Entry
If you use eBay, you may sometimes notice that not all sellers are good spellers. In the past I have searched for a couple words that are not easy for everyone to spell: euphonium and severinsen (i.e. Doc Severinsen). So I try various mis-spellings to see if one is listed that way, but it is hard to guess how someone might butcher the spelling.

Not to fear! If you like to find bargains on eBay, computer technology is coming to your rescue. There is a website that lets you type in the correct spelling, and it tries to find different mis-spellings for you. I tried it just now on "severinsen" and found several items I would not have otherwise found. On "euphonium" I found two items with typos that otherwise might have been hidden from me.

Tuba players won't find many usable results for that word because it is too close to words like "tub." However, if you are searching for a brand name like Miraphone, which is also spelled Mirafone, you might find this tool useful.

The fact that these items are not showing up in "normal" searches means that you may be able to buy them much cheaper. The site does not require any software installation, but it needs to open new windows (for your search results), so be sure to set any pop-up blockers to allow this site:

FatFingers

Comments